Subject: Re: netbsd on mobilon pro, episode 1
To: Michael Blatt <m.i.blatt@lse.ac.uk>
From: Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/02/2001 02:43:19
Hi!

> Okay, well the kernel boots on the serial console, no such thing as
> frame buffer support as of yet...
> But it boots!

Congratulations.

> the bad side is that no keyboard input is actually accepted, so when I
> get into sysinst I am stuck (not like I was going to install without
> support for the display)

Keyboard is actually pretty hard, because it is about the only part which
is usually not documented. I had to do pretty heavy guessing when I wanted
keyboard from my velo to work. [It was connected to SPI.]

> Now, I think I remember seeing the keyboard not supported problem was
> fairly common on first attempts, but how to get around it (I can see the
> words 'kernel compile' looming...?)

Kernel compile might seem trivial if you are not lucky.

Where can I get that nice netbsd image? [I would like to see how it will
run on my velo1 -- I'd like to look how sound support works and maybe
port it to linux.]

> tx39sib0 at txsim0: 1.536 MHz
> ucb0 at tx39sib0 slot 0: TOSHIBA TC35413F
> ucbtp0 at ucb0:
> wsmouse0 at ucbtp0 mux 0
> ucbsnd0 at ucb0: audio 3.692 kHz telecom 1.200 kHz

This looks *very* good.
								Pavel