Subject: what should I buy?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/24/2001 16:54:37
I've been thinking for a while about getting one of these devices.
Specifically, I'd like something with USB.  Looking at the supported
system table, I can see things would be better if I were living in
Japan.  :)

Seriously, it looks (from that table) like my only options are the
MobilePro (which I haven't been able to find for less than $800) and
the PenCentra (which I haven't been able to find for sale).

Is there some secret place to buy hpcmips machines for cheap that I
just don't know about?  I live in Montana, so I can't just drive down
to Fry's or Circuit City.  :)

Also, Fujitsu's info on the PenCentra 130 and 200 says they have
PCMCIA slots; the supported system table seems to indicate they
don't.  Are they not supported?

One last question:  Are hpcsh machines cheaper/better/easier to find?

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                           Mad scientist at large