Subject: Re: PocketBSD on Epods
To: Scott Henning <shenning_00@yahoo.com>
From: Nathan Parrish <ndparrish@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/22/2001 11:57:36
being spoilt with a 4111, once I realized that I should boot the kernel from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5/hpcmips/installation/ , I was fine.
will the netbsd.gz from that dir boot on your system?  this image has the
sysinit stuff built in, and you can exit out of that to a prompt.
I believe the kernels in the binary/kernel dir do not have sysinit
functionality included, meaning you'd have to build a compact flash/ATA root
disk with a companion system.

nathan