Subject: Re: The ghost of MicroDrive
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/07/2001 12:56:42
----- Original Message -----
From: "Izumi Tsutsui" <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
To: <takemura@netbsd.org>
Cc: <tech-kern@netbsd.org>; <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>;
<tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2001 4:54 AM

> > wd1 at wdc1 channel 0 drive 1: <ST506>
> > wd1: drive supports 1-sector PIO transfers, chs addressing
> > wd1: 69632 KB, 1024 cyl, 8 head, 17 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 139264 sectors
>
> I don't think this is PCMCIA/CF specific problem.
> I saw this ghost on my arm32 (CATS) with an old Quantum
> EIDE drive at pciide. (Some timing related problem?)

I think the problem comes from drive. You can just ignore
second drive because pcmcia IDE card generally has only
one drive. But other IDE controller including pciide might
have second drive. If you want to solve the problem on
pciide, you should make list of all drive names which cause
the problem and do strcmp to eliminate the ghost.

Takemura