Subject: starting X11 as non-root
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/01/2001 19:00:42
	hello, it seems that we need to use ttyE0 as login terminal
	to use X11, if we attempt to start X as non-root user.
	to achieve this, it was necessary for me to:
	- add "wscons=YES" to /etc/rc.conf.  it actually generates many
	  warnings due to the lack of multiscreen support.
	- change /etc/ttys to something like below.
console	"/usr/libexec/getty Pc"		vt100	off secure
ttyE0	"/usr/libexec/getty Pc"		vt100	on secure

	i'm not sure if it is the right thing to do, or what is the best
	configuration for default /etc files.

	anyway, Xhpc works just GREAT for me, thank you for the efforts.

itojun