Subject: General questions
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/27/2000 12:37:20
Hello,

I'm considering buying a handheld so I can write an article about
handheld BSD.  The hpcmips port appears to be what I want, but the web
page left me with a few very very basic questions.  Like any wannabe
journalist, I have absolutely no clue what I'm getting myself into.

First, I keep seeing references to a WinCE loader.  Does this port
boot from WinCE?  Does that mean it runs "on top of" CE?

What's a decent model to buy?  My criteria are:

*self-contained; that means a keyboard (unless you've hacked
handwriting recognition).

*Network support (pc card is fine)

*Small ("cool" factor is important in publishing)

X would be nice, but definitely secondary to the above three.

Thanks for any advice,
Michael

--
Michael Lucas