Subject: Re: Linux Emulation in hpcmips
To: Todd Vierling <>
From: Warner Losh <>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/23/2000 13:36:12
In message <> Todd Vierling writes:
: On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Warner Losh wrote:
: : Personally, I'd live to see the PECOFF support in NetBSD be ported to
: : MIPS.
: For WinCE and/or WinNT/mips binaries, I presume?

: The PECOFF support in the NetBSD kernel sources is pretty much finished;
: there's not a whole lot needed there, and using it on mips should be
: relatively painless.  The vast majority of the code involves emulation of
: the DLL infrastructure, for which the PEACE project
: ( is doing Win32/x86 libraries.  *That* is
: what would need serious coding effort.

I was just going to use the native DLLs, but that's likely homelessly
naive :-)