Subject: Re: cross compling procedure
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/07/2000 00:27:59
In message <200008070618.PAA03275@srapc342.sra.co.jp> Noriyuki Soda writes:
: Please note that "on RISCserver (or other jazz derived machines)".
: In other words, there *is* ISA dma support for DESKstation rPC44,
: although it haven't been tested, since I don't have DESKstation.

I'll have to look more closely.  The boot failed to detect my buslogic
controller, and I assumed that it was because of this.  Will have to
look more closely.

: The btl driver still remains in NetBSD/arc tree. So you can use both
: the btl driver (w/ kluge) and the MI bha driver.

Ah.  Time to wander off into kernel build land...

: > or I'll have to port pmax's or hpcmips busdma code.
:
: I think you don't have to do this. NetBSD/arc already includes
: busdma support (except for DESKstation Tyne.)

OK.  I'll try again...  I'm into a long build of OpenBSD, so it will
be a day or two before I can try (I hate interrupting it).

Warner