Subject: Re: cross compling procedure
To: Castor Fu <castor@geocast.com>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/06/2000 23:59:09
In message <Pine.NEB.4.10.10008062243170.26445-100000@swamp.sfo.geocast.net> "Castor Fu" writes:
: I dropped a copy of what I had in
: ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/castor/free-buildenv.tgz.

Thanks.  I'll take a look at it.  I have two mips platforms that I
want to build for and it is somewhat painful to do natively (due to
their speed).  My FreeBSD world takes about 1.5 hours to build.
NetBSD/hpcmips takes about 12 from scratch (well, maybe a little
longer).  OpenBSD/arc takes about 20 hours to build everything.  At
one point I was doing nightly builds, but sometimes that was every
other nightly builds :-)

The SCSI build on the same hpcmips machine was a little faster, but
much less mobile :-).

I did hit a snag in dual booting my Deskstation rPC44.  There's no DMA
support for isa devices yet in NetBSD/arc and my scsi controller is on
the ISA bus.  I'll either have to do the same kludge I did to get
OpenBSD/arc working (damn, has that kludge survive 5 releases), or
I'll have to port pmax's or hpcmips busdma code.

Warner