Subject: Re: TrackPoint Support for NetBSD on IBM WorkPad Z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: None <rutledg@us.ibm.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/06/2000 22:37:35
From: trackpoint

As a quick response until Barton replies, I can tell you that the
TrackPoint in the Z50 is attached to the Serial (RS-232) port.  The
TrackPoint firmware, and of course the driver, are different from those in
the TP770 and other ThinkPads.  There is some documentation on the
TrackPoint support website,http://wwwcssrv.almaden.ibm.com/trackpoint/
under Serial TrackPoint.  Most of the TrackPoint test programs work with
the Serial TrackPoint when the proper option switches are used.

               Joe Rutledge

Tak Pui Lou
<lou@man-97-187.reshall.berkeley.edu>@man-97-187.reshall.berkeley.edu on
08/06/2000 02:40:08 AM