Subject: Re: 3 button emulation is available for Xhpc
To: Tak Pui Lou <lou@man-97-187.reshall.berkeley.edu>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/06/2000 15:15:39
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tak Pui Lou" <lou@man-97-187.reshall.berkeley.edu>
To: "TAKEMURA Shin" <takemura@netbsd.org>
Cc: "NetBSD port-hpcmips" <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2000 4:36 PM

> > If I had the data book of the chip, I (or some other people) will
> > support the track point.
>
> http://www-hft.ee.TU-Berlin.DE/~strauman/tp4utils/
>
> This website contains some information and the Linux Trackpoint
> Utilities source code. The author mentions that IBM won't even answer
> email about the command sequence needed for enabling the z-axis.

That's looks good! But we have one more (and big) problem - no
one knows where the device connect to.
On Thinkpad, the device is connected to keyboard aux port normally.
But you can't find the aux port on z50. So there might be other
serial port somewhere. We need information about the port controller
chip too.

Takemura