Subject: Re: 3 button emulation is available for Xhpc
To: Tak Pui Lou <lou@man-97-187.reshall.berkeley.edu>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/05/2000 23:28:47
> When I change the password, it says:
> passwd: failed to parse principal: Configuration file does not specify
> default realm

The late June snapshots have many annoying bugs in the security code,
because the integration of crypto-src was not fully tested yet.

IMHO this is really bad because in some cases you set a password and then
you can't use 'su' because it hangs! So I have been keeping machines on my
private net and leaving the passwords empty, until they build newer sources
that are fixed. Ick.

I am trying to set up a few machines to do builds (including a second z50,
just bought on Ebay) but I've just stepped in an obnoxious cvs bug, and
the SF Bay Area is under threat of power blackouts if everyone uses too
much electricity, so I'm afraid to turn too many machines on. Argh.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com