Subject: Re: 3 button emulation is available for Xhpc
To: David Becker <becker@cs.duke.edu>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/04/2000 09:28:59
In message <20000804081348.B4875@cs.duke.edu> David Becker writes:
: I just put snapshot/20000627-1.5 on my z50 microdrive and discovered
: the /sbin/init it has is dynamically linked.  In fact almost all the files
: in /sbin and /bin are dynamically linked.  Oops.  I replaced them with the
: static versions from the previous snapshot to work around the problem.

Yes.  That snapshot had them dyncamically linked to save space.  So
long as / and /usr were the same partition, this worked well.  There's
a special tarball that has the static versions in the misc directory.

Warner