Subject: Re: 3 button emulation is available for Xhpc
To: Tak Pui Lou <lou@man-97-187.reshall.berkeley.edu>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/03/2000 01:30:26
> http://www-hft.ee.TU-Berlin.DE/~strauman/tp4utils/
>
> This website contains some information and the Linux Trackpoint
> Utilities source code. The author mentions that IBM won't even answer
> email about the command sequence needed for enabling the z-axis.

What does enabling the z-axis do? I'm used to that meaning a wheel mouse,
but the z50 trackpoint sure doesn't have anything like that.

I really would like to use X11 on my Workpad z50, especially since somebody
changed the console colors to use half-white for normal text -- this wastes
a lot of batter power because now I have to turn the brightness up!

So if anybody has test kernels please let me know and I'll try to test them.

BTW how is it that on the z50, the kernel probes and attaches wsmouse0
at vrpiu0 mux 0, yet the mouse and buttons are totally unresponsive?

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com