Subject: [OT] PuTTY for WinCE
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: None <jabley@automagic.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/09/2000 07:27:00
------=_unique-boundary-1

Hi,

This is horribly off-topic, but I thought it might strike a chord with
some people here.

While I wait for an excuse to splurge lots of (largely worthless, New
Zealand) dollars on portable mass storage for my Clio, I make real use
of the HPC every day. I don't have a PC at home, or carry a laptop as
I travel around the place, and the clio + wavelan or clio + GSM
handset combination does me very nicely. The crippling grip of CE
means it takes ages to do most things, but it's almost entirely
tolerable. Almost. The one thing I am missing is an ssh client.

Whenever I have to suffer the indignity of touching a win98 box, I
mitigate the cerebral damage involved by using PuTTY, a free windows
ssh implementation. It's a lovely small, clean bit of code. It's
available for download (source plus intel/alpha win32 binaries) here:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

So, here's the reason for this e-mail: this list contains people who
have access to a CE development environment, and suitable
windows-based machines to run it on. If any of you have a spare hour
and fancy porting Simon Tatham's PuTTY to CE/mips, I would be an
extremely happy tester :)

[pathetic, unreasonable and off-topic request ends]

Joe

------=_unique-boundary-1--