Subject: z50 install...
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Steve K <skrul@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/13/2000 22:21:53
Hey all --

I finally got my 128MB CF card at a decent price (Simple Technolgies 128 MB CF
from buy.com, $233.95 - $20 coupon + S&H = $219.00).  I installed the pbsdboot
and the 20000315 kernel snapshot and booted without a problem -- very cool!
Now the questions...

- I have the 3Com 3C1 CF network card.  The kernel sees it and I can configure
it, but it does not seem to work.  I can ping 127.0.0.1, but nothing else.
I've tried swapping the locations of the CF memory card and the CF network card
and it produces the same result.

- An earlier post mentioned something about the console scrolling being a lot
faster in -current.  What does this mean?  Is this the latest version of the
kernel?  Is a snapshot available?

Thanks!
-steve