Subject: Re: Figuring out framebuffer settings for Clio 1050
To: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/20/2000 00:52:38
In message <025001bfc224$d5fef3d0$0101a8c0@SHIN> "TAKEMURA Shin" writes:
: We had thought that Vadem Clio was OEM'd Mbilon
: Tripad PV-6000 by SHARP. But I can't found any model
: which equivalent to Clio 1050 on SHARP's web site.
:
: Is Clio originally manufactured by Vadem?

I have heard rumors on the grape vine that the Clio C-1050 was done by
the same folks that were the OEM for the Clio C-1000 and the Tripad.
The story I got was that the 1050 was the follow on to the 1000.
Vadem had sold enough Clio C-1000 that they wanted to make the 1050
(since they also made money from the pcmcia controller in it).  SHARP
didn't like their results with the tripad, so didn't opt for the
followup unit.

I'm not sure how reliable this is, since I'm trying to remember a
conversation I had with someone in email about this topic.  And I
can't find it in my email archive to confirm.

Warner