Subject: wscons multi screen and X
To: NetBSD port-hpcmips <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/23/2000 08:59:43
Hi,

I'm attempting to build X server for hpcmips. But I've found some
problems:

  - X expects a mouse with 3 buttons while many hpcmips machine
    have a touch panel.
  - It seems that wsmux does not work with X. It's broken.
  - Current implementation of X of which source code we can use
    does not support 2bpp gray scale.

Some people (including me) are already playing for these issues.

Today, I got a new question:

    How should X interact with multi screen function of wscons?

    X server behave a one of those screens and you can switch
    between X and other text screens.
    (This seems to be difficult to implement....)

    OR

    The multi screen function is disabled while X server exists.

Please tell me which you'd like and how it goes on other ports.
(I have no NetBSD box on which I can use X.)

(Crrently, our frame buffer driver does not support multi screen.
It will be supported in the future.)

Takemura