Subject: Figuring out framebuffer settings for Clio 1050
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Joe Abley <jabley@automagic.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/19/2000 11:14:56
Hi,

How do people generally go about discovering the correct framebuffer
settings for an HPC which is not listed in pbdsboot?

The Vadem Clio 1050 has a 640x480x16bit display. I have tried

  Width: 640
  Height: 480
  Type: D16_FFFF
  Address: A000000
  Bytes/line: 640
  ID: 04104200 01010101

which is a very slight perversion of the Clio 1000 settings (I changed
the type from D8_FF to D16_FFFF). However, I don't really know what I
am doing, which is making things difficult :)

If anybody has had any experience in figuring out user-defined framebuffer
settings for an otherwise unsupported HPC display, I'd be interested to
hear about your approach.