Subject: Development tools
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Frank W. Miller <fwmiller@macalpine.cornfed.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/18/2000 21:02:26
Greetings,

Has anyone built a GNU toolchain, ld, gas, gcc, etc. for the VR4121?
I assume someone here has since NetBSD is running on the Casio E-100
and I further assume that it was cross-developed.  I've been trying
ever so hard to get a toolset together and am having lots of trouble.
I can get the binutils to build fine with the following configure line
from a build-binutils directory:

% ../binutils-2.9.1/configure --target=mips64vr4100-elf -v
% make all
% su
Password:
% make install

When I try to build gcc from a build-gcc directory with the following
configure line:

% ../gcc-2.95.2/configure --target=mips64vr4100-elf --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib -v

I get an error saying it does not recognize the target system.  When I
substitute --target=mips, I get various errors later during the build,
missing header files, redeclarations, etc.

I'd sure appreciate it if someone could help me out here!

Thanks,
FM

--
Frank W. Miller