Subject: Way to go!
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: The Taylor Family <thetaylorfamily@earthlink.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/16/2000 20:41:32
Last night I reported that I successfully installed NetBSD on my Workpad
z50. Tonight I setup the serial port (com1: /dev/tty00) to in /etc/gettytab
and /etc/ttys and logged in from my Win98 computer.

A thought hit me:

    The Workpad z50: a crippled Windows 9x-like computer orphaned by IBM, or
a powerhouse of multiuser computing power? You decide. (Make the Net
decision: NetBSD).

Question:

Does anyone know if screenblank or some other  method of turning the LCD off
is available for the z50? Of course, a sleep mode (full APM support) would
be nice, but I could live with just the ability to shut off the LCD, either
by a inactivity timeout, or upon a specific directive.

Thanks.

Robert Taylor