Subject: Re: Current status of X and suspend?
To: , <darkstar@pgh.net>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/15/2000 21:27:26
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jun Ebihara" <jun@soum.co.jp>
To: <darkstar@pgh.net>
Cc: <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 2:35 PM

> From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
> Subject: Current status of X and suspend?
> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:05:16 -0400 (EDT)
>
> >   What is the the current status of X and suspend support?  Especially,
is
> > anyone working on X at all?  What is needed for full suspend support?
>
> X:
> takemura-san is writing X Server.Still testing.

I've made a hackin' X server which supports only 16bpp frame buffer.
(It's just experimental server. You can not use that normally.)
But I found a problem of wscons - the keyboard mux is brolken. It's not
a BUG. You have to improve the wscons.
Any other mode is not supported yet. I think that 2bpp mode support is
especially difficult because sample implementation does not support the
mode.

> Suspend:
> need hardware information:
> we have chip information about z50 & some NEC machine.

In addition to lack of hardware information, I think that framework
for power management is needed.

The power management framework and the wscons problem
are machine independent issues.

Takemura