Subject: Re: z50 and compaq 2015c
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/01/2000 00:15:43
From: John Ford <john.ford@corp.usa.net>
Subject: z50 and compaq 2015c
Date: 30 Mar 00 11:31:24 MST

> Forgive me if this problem is trivial.

any reports welcome.

> I'm trying to get netbsd running on my IBM z50. I've got a 64Mb Compact Flash
> Card that it sees just fine in WinCE.  I can't run UNIX on the PC side as I'm
> doing this on my work machine during lunches and breaks.  Is everyone else
> using unix on PC side to re parition the flash card?

CF card can have
   DOS partiton   -- bootloader
   UNIX partition -- /netbsd,filesystem,directories

to CF re-partition and system install,
you should boot from the kernel with system installer.

see ftp site:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcmips/snapshot/20000315/installation

netbsd.gz and pbsdboot.gz exists. this netbsd.gz is the kernel with
system installer.

// anybody knows gunzip application works on WindowsCE?
// I found punzip.exe but can't gunzipping *.gz files.

> I'm using the genericnetbsd kernel from the 20000315 snapshot
> if I tell it that the file system is
>   generic       I get "cannot mount root, error 79"
>   nfs           I get "cannot mount root, error 19"
>   anything else I get "cannot mount root, error 6"

IF you boot generic kernel ,

generic kernel searching UNIX root partition
   ->
      CF has only DOS(==CE/Windows) area
         ->
          generic kernel can not find UNIX root partition
             ->
            so error occurs

--
jun ebihara