Subject: Problem with 3C589C on IBM Z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: PaulC <pc_list@ambersoft.dyndns.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/16/2000 06:04:38
I am having a problem bringing up a network connection on my Z50
using a 3C589C card.

The machine boots happily, recognises the card and assigns to ep1 normally,
I can successfully 'ifconfig' the interface and from the Z50 end everything
looks fine - however - the associated 'link' light on the hub does not come
on and no traffic appears to get out to the network - there is no response
and the hub activity light doesnt show any activity.

The card works fine in my Toshiba laptop with the same hub so I dont
believe this is a problem.

As an aside, I havent been able to get the card working under Windows CE
either but havent tried very hard. I did try installing the driver however
Win CE refused to even recognise the card

Any ideas ?

PaulC