Subject: Re: Oddness in Everex boot message?
To: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/07/2000 22:02:57
On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Warner Losh wrote:

> ISA IRQ 3 -> GPIO port 23
> pcic0: using irq 1507331 for socket events
> button manager
>
> Note the very large irq for socket events.  I suspect that is bogus,
> since it doesn't look like a small integer, nor an address, nor a
> bitmask with one bit set.  Can anybody comment on that?  The only good
> sign that I can see is that the irq does match the probe message's irq

  It contains the IRQ, the GPIO address, and the mode, same as in the
config file :).  In isa_machdep.c:

         * 'intr' encoding:
         *
         * 0x0000000f ISA IRQ#
         * 0x00ff0000 GPIO port#
         * 0x01000000 interrupt signal hold/through     (1:hold/0:though)
         * 0x02000000 interrupt detection level         (1:low /0:high  )
         * 0x04000000 interrupt detection trigger       (1:edge/0:level )

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net