Subject: Re: Install on IBM z50
To: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/06/2000 18:36:04
> CF Ethernet card
> 	Type1:
>            Socket Communication CF Ether Cards

I got a Socket LP-E for the CF slot, but the 20000208 install kernel
detects it twice and complains "ne_: where did the card go?" for both
ne0 and ne1.

WinCE used the card fine; that was how I finally got pbsdboot and netbsd
onto it. (Pocket Explorer sux!! But I don't want to use the PC Synch thing.)

> z50 supports
>    TypeIII Harddrive

Yep. I happen to have a Type III 170 MB "CallunaCard" so for me the problem
is getting the install kernel to use the CF ethernet so I can manually
install by copying a tarball, and extracting it, then repeat... this needs
the 32MB memory card which is backordered (argh!).

For some reason though, after leaving NetBSD and booting WinCE again, it
always complains that there are 453 lost clusters in 2 chains. If I tell
it not to fix anything, there doesn't seem to be any problem after that.
Anyone else see this?

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com