Subject: Re: Install on IBM z50
To: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/06/2000 09:29:22
In message <20000307002531I.jun@soum.co.jp> Jun Ebihara writes:
: > Is there any way to automatically start an application on a Compact Flash
: > medium under Windows CE?
:
: current status:
:  we have no idea,but forward to improve suspend/resume codes
:
: any ideas,working codes welcome.

Some systems will automatically run \Storage Card\AutoRun\XXXXXX\Autorun.exe
where XXXXXX is the CPU family.  However, that isnt' true for all
systems.  Also, the exact path is from memory and may be slightly
incorrect.

On my Everex Freestyle Associate A-10 (and all the Freestyle line,
iirc), one can create a file named "voiceapp.exe" and put it in the
FAT partition.  Then, when the record button is pressed it will run.
This makes it much easier for me to boot.  Sadly, there are reports of
this method not working on many (or any?) other machines.

Warner