Subject: Vadem CLIO C-1000 and Everex A-10
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/06/2000 00:42:24
I was just able to boot suzuki-san's medium.tgz on my Vadem CLIO
C-1000.  The medium.tgz lacks lots of stuff, so I'll have to try run
the installation software...  I'm hoping that the console driver is or
can be made to be faster than telnet window in WinCE.  That window is
so slow that it can't keep up with 4 lines a second w/o falling
behind.

One thing would make pbsdboot better, and that's to have
\Storage Card1\netbsd in the list of choices.  This would let me boot
w/o having to type the path in.

On the the Everex Freestyle Associate A-10.  I was able to get to the
single user prompt (since rc.conf was missing from the flash card).
So the Vr4102 CPU works great here.  I'm very happy that this is
working now...  I'm not sure how to configure the A-10 to be Useful
under NetBSD.  I have a CF card that's big enough to have enough
things on it, but no way to communicate with the outside world.  Hmmm,
maybe I'll look at the IRDA stuff posted to the Japanese list...

BTW, has anybody given any thought to creating a serial keyboard
driver for the Apple Newton Keyboard?  I wrote a X program that
allowed it to work under X a couple of years ago for my Libretto.

Warner