Subject: Re: Install on IBM z50
To: None <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/03/2000 12:35:26
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 13:40:39 +1100

> If you can find a friendly NFS server, you don't even need to have
> space locally for the distrib sets.  Another option if you are short of
> space is to extract the sets by hand directly from the ftp server after
> sysinst does the partitioning with something fancy like:
> 	cd /; ftp -o "|tar xpfz -" ftp://.....

yes.

> You'll probably need to make the devices in /dev by hand and maybe some
> other steps if you go this way.  I don't have a hpcmips machine and
> don't know what hpcmips specific stuff sysinst does after extracting the
> sets.

Most diffrence between NetBSD/hpcmips with other NetBSD ports is
"kernel booting from WinCE application named pbsdboot.exe".

once kernel loading,NetBSD/hpcmips runs same as other NetBSD plathome.

cf. if you have NotePC with PCMCIA slot and NetBSD/i386 boot floppy,
i386 sysinst can install NetBSD/hpcmips with setting path to
NetBSD/hpcmips binary snapshots.

cd /(filesystem mounted directory)
tar -xzvpf base.tgz
tar -xzvpf etc.tgz
tar -xzvpf kern.tgz

cd /(filesystem mounted directory)/dev
./MAKEDEV std wd0

cd /(filesystem mounted directory)/etc
cp fstab.wd fstab
edit rc.conf

change
rc.configured=NO
rc.configured=YES

anyway,
for z50 user,we need new sysinst-kernel,fixed z50 problem.

--
jun ebihara