Subject: Re: VR4102
To: Roy Wilson <rwwst6+@pitt.edu>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/21/2000 00:20:57
In message <1862563884.951050336@ehdup-u-21.rmt.net.pitt.edu> Roy
Wilson writes:
: I have a NEC MobilePro 700 (WINCE) with a VR4102 MIPS processor and 8MB. If
: I could get it to run Kaffe, I'd be willing to invest in a memory upgrade
: or a compact flash card. I notice that VR4102 NetBSD work is (if I recall
: correctly) in the experimental stage.

I think I'm the only other person to try it.  I have an Everex A-10 +
16MB upgrade.  Back about 4 months ago, I could only get to init
forking sh before all hell would break lose and the system would hang.
Sometimes with tlb messages, but usually w/o.  Smelled like cache
coherency problem at the time.  My Japanese at the time wasn't up to
describing things too well, so I just punted.

I don't know if things are different now or not.  I've not tried again
in some time, although I have started downloading the latest snapshot
in the hopes of trying again now that the dust has settled and that I
have access to 48MB and 64MB CF parts.

The touchscreen in kinda sorta supported, but I think the biggest
missing piece is X.

Warner