Subject: VR4102
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Roy Wilson <rwwst6+@pitt.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/20/2000 12:38:56
I have a NEC MobilePro 700 (WINCE) with a VR4102 MIPS processor and 8MB. If
I could get it to run Kaffe, I'd be willing to invest in a memory upgrade
or a compact flash card. I notice that VR4102 NetBSD work is (if I recall
correctly) in the experimental stage.

I've seen the VR-Linux web site and it appears that substantial work might
be needed to be able to get full functionality (i.e., touchscreem
capability). I have down-loaded the cyace bootloader and a serial kernel,
have gotten them to work - sort of - but am facing some problems getting
beyond that. NetBsd seems to promise less hardware dependence, so I wonder
if that is a better/easier direction to go.

Roy Wilson
rwwst6@pitt.edu