Subject: 2/19 TokyoMeeting (Re: [Fwd: Input to PsPC?])
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/18/2000 17:01:53
In Japan,On 2/19 15:00-(JST) NetBSD/hpcmips developers meeting
in Tokyo,Shibuya,Soum Corporation(http://www.soum.co.jp/) Staffroom.
meeting agenda:
       - for new comers
       - check current status
       - www.netbsd.org contents updates
       - X windows (demonstration X on LinuxCE)
       - MGL2
       - distribution for CF
       - sample CD-R distribution for typcal user

any other topics?

From: Dave Hartzell <dave.hartzell@usa.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Input to PsPC?]
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 03:48:14 +0000

> > A terminal.  No X at this time, but work is underway on that.  The
> > Linux folks also have something called microwindows, but I'm not at
> > all sure what state that is in.
> Virtual Terminals?  What is the display size?

Same size CE plathome has.

We NetBSD/hpcmips have MGL2 for Japanese environment.
Screen Dump image is http://at.sakura.ne.jp/~suz/MGL2/

> > Yes.  It is a full NetBSD port.
> How big is the 'full' port with utils?

base+etc+kern+comp==100M.
replace /bin,/sbin binary to dynamic link==15-48M CF

> for a 'platform' with a close to full keyboard and decent display.   How
> much
> memory is needed?

8M memory needs. anybody has 4M machine?

> I'm wondering if I should buy a laptop PC for an high cost, or try to
> get ahold
> of a Win CE box used or cheaply.

yeah.yeah.yeah.
I search HC-4500 now.