Subject: Re: Input to PsPC?
To: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/06/2000 13:59:27
In message <200002040708.CAA04956@distress.stat.cmu.edu> "Johnny
C. Lam" writes:
: Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but how does one give input to
: a Palm-sized PC with no keyboard?  It seems like most of the PDAs on
: the hcpmips port page have no keyboard, so I was wondering what
: current developers/users do.

Many of the pdas do have keyboards.  All of the MobileGear2 machines
do.  These machines are marketed in the US as MobilePro machines (I
have a table somewhere that gives approximate correlations, but not
handy).  Also, the Vadem CLIO has a keyboard.  The IBM z50 has a
keyboard as well, but I'm unsure of the current level of support for
the latter two machines.

For my Everex A-10, I've been using a serial port.  I think that the
CE spec for PDAs states that all machines must have a RS232 serial
port.

I have another Mips based CE box that someone sent me a while ago.  It
is a R4300 based machine named ThinStar made by NCD.  I can't seem to
find info on the company web site about it, but it looks like a cool
little diskless box...

Warner