Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=2Dm=20flag=20did=20not=20work=20on=20my=20Compaq=202015c?=
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?John=20Ford=20?= <john.ford@corp.usa.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/12/2000 17:38:13
I can't seem to get the -m flag to work on my Compaq 2015c (which I think=
 is
the same except it came with the 4mb upgrade)

I'm using TX3912netBSD as my kernel passing the following options
  -m ENABLE_MIPS_3912

I guess it can't use the RAM as the root device because after it starts u=
p I
get a prompt that says:
  root-device:

no matter what I type in comes back saying:
  Choose one of these: halt

If I type "halt" it shuts down and my handheld has reset causing me to ha=
ve to
start over with the process of uploading kernel and bootstrap and trying
again.

Is there a way to treat the memory (or part of it anyway) as a drive or d=
o I
need to go buy myself a PCMCIA->SmartmediaReader adapter? (I have a Smart=
media
card from my Nomad MP3 player and am thinking of replacing my Mavica Digi=
tal
Camera with a camera that takes smartmedia.  Anyway sorry for the extrain=
ious
info.)

BTW I cant get the serial conecction flag to work.  I've tried using
TX3912netBSD with the following options
  -h Serialport on ENABLE_MIPS_3912

is this -----^ the right way to enable the serial port?  Using it this wa=
just locks my handheld and turns the screen off and I have to reset it an=
start over.

    John