Port-hpcarm archive

Help needed installing on a HP Jornada 728

Hello!

I have a HP Jornada 728 lying here collecting dust which I'd like to use
for porting some apps to ARM, and generally for anything else useful which
WinCE is not.

Unfortunately it seems nigh on impossible to install NetBSD on a CF card
for use with the Jornada if all you have around are Linux boxes :-(

I downloaded the Jibbed NetBSD 5.0.1 LiveCD in the hope that this would
help, only to discover that it's kernel doesn't include support for CF
cards.  Tried using a vnd(4) device to create a CF card image but either I
don't understand BSD disklabels well enough or there's something wonky with
how they interact with vnd(4) -- I was not able to get a sane disklabel to
show up on the vnd(4) device and newfs_msdos kept insisting that it was
creating a partition spanning the entire device.

Several hours and no success later, I'm pretty much ready to give up,
unless I can get some help here :-)

I'd like to ask if someone would be so kind as to create an image of a 512M
CF card with NetBSD for the Jornada 728 installed on it and put it up for
download somewhere. The card I have is a SanDisk SDCFB-512, with a geometry
of:

Disk /dev/sdc: 512 MB, 512483328 bytes
16 heads, 63 sectors/track, 993 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1008 * 512 = 516096 bytes

Thanks!

-mato