Port-hpcarm archive

Re: Running NetBSD on HTC Harrier PPC6600

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 08:25:47 +0300, Azim wrote:

> Will hpcarm port of NetBSD work on PPC6600(HTC Harrier) ?
> It has Intel(R) PXA263 (ARM)

I guess most interesting peripherals are not supported.

> I have unzipped hpcarmcd-4.0.1.iso in my 2GB SD Card.
> The HPCBOOT.EXE installer tells "Data in memory will be lost"
> Will it overwrite my WM2003 OS ?
> Can I run netbsd from my SD Card without losing WM2003 ?

Booting NetBSD has the same effect as doing hard reset.  Your Windows
Mobile (in the flash) will not be lost, but all data and installed
programs will be lost.  Make a full backup before trying to boot
NetBSD.  Afterwards you will get back your WM at factory settings and
you can restore your data and programs from the backup.

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost                       |       Zu Grunde kommen
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen