Port-hpcarm archive

CF cards

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:16:06PM +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 20:58:23 +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
> > The former, I think. I saw the same issues until I switched to a sandisk
> > card. Some CF cards are more equal than others, it seems.
> I once bought a 1GB Kingston CF card that my LOOX 720 (with WinCE)
> just refused to recognize at all.

So how long does a typical CF card last when used in such a way?  I'm
expecting my cheap Kingston to die in the near future (but I might be
wrong) and I'm wondering whether it's worth spending the extra money
on an industrial grade CF card.

I've had a Dane-Elec CF card die in a WRAP board, and I've since been
using microdrives instead of flash.  But of course, the Jornada 720
doesn't take microdrives.

Alex

--
  -----< avf%eldamar.org.uk@localhost >-----< http://www.eldamar.org.uk/ >-----