Subject: What did I do wrong?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Rabbitt <team.aberrant@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 09/28/2007 06:22:58
------=_Part_3771_8176331.1190924578620

Hello,

I have wanted to get NetBSD running on my Jornada 720 since almost 6 months
ago! I was so glad to find you site, since it seemed so easy. As your email
address is at NetBSD.org, I assume you are somewhat official. Anyways, I
tried to format the CF card from Linux. Is that wrong? I made the DOS
partition a FAT16 one. Are they the same thing? And also, when you said to
leave the rest for NetBSD, did you mean to format the rest of the drive in a
NetBSD filesystem? I'm not sure how long ago your article was written, but I
believe a new NetBSD is now out. Would that be fixed if I installed from the
network? I currently get up to the .exe bootloader but cannot boot. I really
wanted to try NetBSD as an alternative to Linux on my Jornada 720. Do I have
to have NetBSD already installed on another computer to make this work? Are
there any NetBSD LiveCD's? Thanks a lot!

--
-Rabbitt

------=_Part_3771_8176331.1190924578620

Hello,<br><br>I have wanted to get NetBSD running on my Jornada 720 since almost 6 months ago! I was so glad to find you site, since it seemed so easy. As your email address is at NetBSD.org, I assume you are somewhat official. Anyways, I tried to format the CF card from Linux. Is that wrong? I made the DOS partition a FAT16 one. Are they the same thing? And also, when you said to leave the rest for NetBSD, did you mean to format the rest of the drive in a NetBSD filesystem? I&#39;m not sure how long ago your article was written, but I believe a new NetBSD is now out. Would that be fixed if I installed from the network? I currently get up to the .exe bootloader but cannot boot. I really wanted to try NetBSD as an alternative to Linux on my Jornada 720. Do I have to have NetBSD already installed on another computer to make this work? Are there any NetBSD LiveCD&#39;s? Thanks a lot!

------=_Part_3771_8176331.1190924578620--