Subject: Re: Need copy of JSINSTALL.gz
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Cyzyk <mcyzyk@comcast.net>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 05/22/2006 18:01:01
--------------000604050101010705060902

...In that case, does anyone have a copy of 'jinstall.gz'???  Reading
the archives of this list, that file seems to be what's called for if
the goal is to boot into NetBSD and sysinst directly, and to do
everything from the Jornada itself, i.e., without the aid of an external
NetBSD box...

Mark Cyzyk
mcyzyk@comcast.net

Peter Postma wrote:
> On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 05:04:42PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>
>>> Its analogue in the HPCMIPS tree
>>> (ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-3.0/hpcmips/installation/)
>>> contains not only the HPC bootloader (hpcboot.exe) but also a generic,
>>> compiled kernel (netbsd.gz) that boots on an hpcmips box directly into
>>> 'sysinst' and therefore makes installation oh-so-possible.  Not to
>>> mention the lengthy, and really useful, install docs contained in its
>>> root...
>>>
>> The 'installation' directory in post-3.0 snapshots does contain
>> hpcboot.exe as well as an installation kernel for the iPAQ 3600,
>> I was waiting for some feedback on whether it worked before doing
>> a Jornada kernel.
>>

> I've tried an INSTALL_JORNADA (= JORNADA720 + MD options) kernel a few
> months ago and unfortunately, it does not boot successfully. It freezes
> somewhere early in the boot process.

--------------000604050101010705060902

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
...In that case, does anyone have a copy of 'jinstall.gz'???&nbsp; Reading
the archives of this list, that file seems to be what's called for if
the goal is to boot into NetBSD and sysinst directly, and to do
everything from the Jornada itself, i.e., without the aid of an
external NetBSD box...<br>
Mark Cyzyk<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:mcyzyk@comcast.net">mcyzyk@comcast.net</a><br>
Peter Postma wrote:
 type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">Its analogue in the HPCMIPS tree
(<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-3.0/hpcmips/installation/">ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-3.0/hpcmips/installation/</a>)
contains not only the HPC bootloader (hpcboot.exe) but also a generic,
compiled kernel (netbsd.gz) that boots on an hpcmips box directly into
'sysinst' and therefore makes installation oh-so-possible.  Not to
mention the lengthy, and really useful, install docs contained in its
root...
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">The 'installation' directory in post-3.0 snapshots does contain