Subject: Re: J720/728 brightness/contrast
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 04/10/2006 12:15:56
On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 03:37:14PM +0200, Peter Postma wrote:

> > Why?  High contrast/brightness should correspond to higher numbers,
> > aren't they?  E.g. in a GUI one moves brightness slider to right
> > (higher numbers) to get more brightness.
> >

> I don't know why ;-)
> but it makes sense to invert the values so
> that higher numbers will actually give more brightness/contrast.

You would think so but probably the engineer that designed the circuit
used a hardware counter to specify how long the light should be off
for so the less time the light is off the brighter the display (in
broad terms :) with the added quip "you software guys can get it
around the right way anyway" (heard that one way too many times
before)

> Would anyone object to committing such changes? If not, I'll change
> this in a few days.

Not that I use the device but it does sound sensible to me...

--
Brett Lymn