Subject: Re: keyboard layout changed after upgrade
To: None <mark@coris.org.uk>
From: Peter Postma <peter@pointless.nl>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 04/07/2006 15:40:37
On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 11:25:35AM +0000, Mark Kirby wrote:
> On Friday 07 April 2006 11:18, Peter Postma wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 09:30:39AM +0000, Mark Kirby wrote:
> > > I have noted two problems :)
> > >
> > > 1) the fn key doesn't seem to work so i cant get {}[] keys both in X and
> > > the console
> >
> > Doesn't it work in X or console or both?
>
> The fn key does not work in X or on the console.

Hmm ok, I thought that it worked for the US/UK layout because someone
else did tested it... Can you try the patch below and then press fn and
mail me the kernel messages?

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/peter/hpckbd.diff

> > > 2) when in X if i pkill Xhpc to get out the console gets all screwed up,
> > > i can type but no text is displayed. After i press return the shell
> > > prompt moves further to the right. Logging out and back in fixes the
> > > problem.
> >
> > Looks like PR/32403.
> >
> > > Is there a key sequence to get out of X and is it possible to have more
> > > than one virtual console?
> >
> > ctrl+alt+backspace should work.
>
> It does but it also screws with the console.

Can you try the solution here:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hpcsh/2006/03/15/0000.html

> I take it there is no support to switch virtual consoles?

Correct.

> If not would using the picture keys at the top of the keyboard work as
> replacements for the function keys?
>
> If its a trivial hack i may be able to do it.

They are already mapped to the function keys (F1 - F11).

--
Peter Postma