Subject: RE: Requesting an updated in-depth tutorial on NetBSD installation
To: None <port-hpcarm@NetBSD.org>
From: Jason Mitchell <jmitchel@bigjar.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 03/18/2006 14:56:47
Hello,

	There is another way to install NetBSD on a Jornada that doesn't require a
second machine at all. I created an install kernel that runs on the Jornada
720 and provides the menu driven installation system. Think of it as the
equivalent of a bootable NetBSD CD for the Jornada. You can get instructions
on how to use it here:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hpcarm/2003/01/07/0001.html

	I know the docs are old, but I know that the install kernel can
successfully install NetBSD 1.6 and 2.0. I haven't tried  2.1 or 3.0, but I
don't see why it wouldn't work. Perhaps it should get added to the wiki? I'd
be happy to add the info, but I'm somewhat wiki-ignornant, so if someone
could point me to a wiki tutorial that would be great.

Thanks,

Jason M.