Subject: Re: tpctl inacurrate or failing?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 02/10/2006 16:44:22
On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 11:26:29 +0000, Michael Blatt wrote:

> And no matter what I do, there is a skew. On most of the screen, the
> pointer is off to the right from the stylus.  The distance increases
> the further towards the right you go, and a few other inaccuracies.

Don't know about 720, but on my 680 the reading of raw coordinates is
sometimes unstable.  E.g. if you put debugging printfs into the
driver, you can see the press coordinates "sliding" to the right when
you lift the pen.  Even WinCE (that does a very good job at reading
presses/drags stably) sometimes suffers from this, when you drag a
dialog box to position it, and then when you lift the pen the dialog
suddenly jumps.

SY, Uwe
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen