Subject: Re: iPAQ h3630
To: None <marco@styx.freebsdlover.org>
From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 12/15/2005 23:10:27
Marco Hafke wrote:
>> Try using hpcarm/binary/kernel/netbsd-IPAQ.gz from whichever release
>> you want to use.

>And what should I do with this file? It's not executable on WinCE.

You use hpcboot to load it into the correct area of memory on your
iPAQ.

>> You will need some form of storage. Or some way of using an ethernet
>> card to connect to a server.

>Of course it is possible using the Hyper Terminal on Windows to
>connect to the PDA.

I meant if you want to network the PDA to something else.

>My Problem is how to boot NetBSD. The official howto says I need the
>file hpcboot.exe to boot NetBSD, but this file does not exist
>"directly". Just a file called "hpcboot.exe.uue" is available. See here:
>
>http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/arch/hpc/stand/binary/ARM/
>
>How can I deal with this?

The binary of hpcboot.exe is uuencoded when it is stored in CVS so
that it only uses printable ascii characters.

You would need to uudecode the file. The uudecode command is available
on all NetBSD systems, or search google for a Windows version.

We ought to be copying a decoded version of hpcboot into the installation
directory. We ought to build installation kernels too, but that wouldn't
help you as you don't want to install to a storage card right now.

Robert Swindells