Subject: Re: [OT] Jornada 720 serial cable
To: Richard Danter <richard.danter@ntlworld.com>
From: Guillaume Tessier <g_tessier@orange.fr>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 07/25/2005 21:14:01
Richard Danter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> First, please accept my apologies for posting an off topic message.
>
> Can anyone suggest where I could purchase a serial cable for my
> Jornada 720? I can find no references for this on google. I found a
> reference for another Jornada model, but the sales person I spoke to
> did not know if it was compatible.
>
> I am based in the UK if that helps.
>
> Anybody know if tip, or any other serial terminal software will work
> on the J720 (NetBSD 2.0)?
>
> Thanks!
> Rich

Richard,service.

I had exactly the same pb and HP France gave the contact of a society
based in Paris metropolitan area. It was expensive (55 euros) and i
waited about 3 weeks to get my serial cable. But i'm glad i could get it
otherwise my jornada 720 would have been unusefull.
Here is the name and address :

IPS Informatique
36, rue de Verdun
94500 Champigny sur Marne
(+ 00**) 01 47 06 65 96
fax : 01 47 06 40 49

I don't know if they speak english but the lady was fair.
Here is some more information : The device serial cable for jornada 720
(one that directly plug into the jornada) is identified as :

F1224-80004
cable série

They will ask you to send a pay check.

Keep in touch and tell me how it evolve