Subject: Re: Re: no local console on Jornada720
To: None <port-hpcarm@NetBSD.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 04/07/2005 15:52:24
On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 13:37:25 +0300, otto.waltari@kolumbus.fi wrote:

> > I believe that 680 and 720 series use the same keyboard parts, so you
> > can use this for reference:
> >
> >     http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/netbsd/jornada/keyboard.html
>
> Don't know about the others, but atleast that scandinavian 680 layout
> differs from my 728 layout. Semicolon and colon are shifted from dot
> and comma, while greater and less than are in meta z and x. Also the
> numpad is one step to the right, but I guess no one except
> secretaries use it :)

What is the country code of your unit (look for a TLA like ABA, ABD,
ABF after the part number number at the bottom of the unit?

> I made an almost fully functional xmodmap for the scandinavian
> (Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian and Danish) keyboard.  Poke me if you'd
> like to have it.

If that's for hpcarm, then it will need to be revisited after Quentin
rototill the keyboard handling (as scancodes will change).

I wonder if it makes sense to write a real set of xkb descriptions
instead, starting from the layout layer.

SY, Uwe