Subject: Kaffe anyone?
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Drewke <andreas_dr@gmx.de>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/18/2005 05:40:12
Hallo All,

I am trying to get Kaffe with JIT3 enabled to work on my HP Jornada with
NetBSD 2.0 on it. Patching Kaffe  to be compiled in Interpreter mode leads to
a working but damn slow JAVA implentation on my Jornada.

So has anybody tried to port Kaffe / JIT3 over to NetBSD 2?

One more question.

on i386:
/machine/signal.h declares struct sigcontext.

whereas
on hpcarm
/machine/signal.h declares struct sigcontext like this

#ifndef _LOCORE
#ifdef COMPAT_16
struct sigcontext {
}

since the default kernel which I am using sets the option COMPAT_16, _LOCORE
must be the reason that compiling Kaffe sais:
signal.c:264: warning: `struct sigcontext' declared inside parameter list

I am curios, what means _LOCORE at all and
Shoulnt it be the fact that the interfaces to the kernel should be as equal as
possible on all architectures?

Any Ideas?

My experience with netbsd/hpcarm
Current wont work stable on my HP Joranda(with a 2GB CF1 Card) whereas 2.0
works really reliable. Maybe its the softintr.c change.
Its a pitty that audio is not working yet and that something like qpe is not
in pkgsrc yet.

If I remember right, somebody was working on it? Does somebody knows more
about it here?

--

www: http://drewke.net / icq:175089452