Subject: Re: Re: Alignment fault 3
To: None <port-hpcarm@NetBSD.org>
From: None <otto.waltari@kolumbus.fi>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/18/2005 09:56:41

> Le Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 07:10:42PM +0200, otto.waltari@kolumbus.fi a écrit :
> > >  I have the same problem with a Kingston 512MB CF, also containing
> > >  a Toshiba chip. It may be an hardware issue on Toshiba chips.
> >
> > My card is also Kingston. And so is my 256MB card, but it has a
> > Hitatchi chip. There's the difference.
>
>  I found an old dmesg with a 2.0_RC4 kernel:
>
>  wd0 at atabus0 drive 0: <TOSHIBA THNCF512MMG>
>  wd0: drive supports 1-sector PIO transfers, LBA addressing
>  wd0: 488 MB, 993 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 1000944 sectors
>
>  The "THNCF" part is the same on both cards..
>
> > >  I'm using NetBSD 2.0-current too, with the 1.9 rev of softintr.c.
> >
> > Does it work with the 1.9 revision of softintr.c?
>
>  No, it also hangs with this revision.
>  I can't boot on 2.0 and 2.0-current but I've managed to mount an ffs
>  root with a 1.6 kernel (but it doesn't like 2.0 binaries, of course).

I got it to work with 1.6, but seems that it runs pretty much on the
edge. For example df shows totally messed values and I also got some
nasty faults that led to system halts. I made also some cautios hacks
to the 2.0 source from 1.6, but didn't get it any better, and probably
never will.

Cheers Otto Waltari