Subject: Occasional freezes during compilation on Jornada 728
To: None <port-hpcarm@NetBSD.org>
From: None <otto.waltari@kolumbus.fi>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 12/16/2004 01:15:59
Greetings.

I recently subscribed to this list, due to I own one of these
devices. Have had it already for a while. This far I've been porting
linux kernel to this device, but due to major lacks I decided to try
this hpcarm port. This is also my first touch to bsd.

So, I've compiled netbsd current, kernel and the userland. Everything
works sufficently this far. But there is one exception. Don't know
what causes it, and either can I track it down. During compilation of
sources from the pkgsrc, the device just freezes. I thought it could
be due to the lack of swap space, so I mounted a swapfile over nfs.
Didn't help much, in other words not at all. I suppose it's releated
to high system loads, because during normal use, such as text processing, this have ever happened.

Have any of you experienced similar happenings, and eventually solved
their cause? I'd be pleased to hear ideas, hints, solutions or
whatever releated to this.

Cheers. Otto Waltari.