Subject: Re: new with hpcarm
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 08/18/2004 11:13:31
> I'm planning to buy jornada 720. But would like to know if GPS devices will
> work with J720. If so, what GPS device should I buy? What cables do I need
> to connect to the J720? What software do I need to install?

First, I know nothing about GPS.

You have two way out of the machine: serial or PCMCIA (16 bits, not cardbus).

If you get a serial device, there shoudln't be any driver issue, you just
need the software. What software? No idea, but this question is not NetBSD
specific: any opensource software should do it. A Linux/arm binary should
work too.

If you get a PCMCIA device, you need a driver. As drivers are machine
indendant in NetBSD, the question is not hpcarm specific. Ask on netbsd-users,
you might get a more accurate answer.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org